HyperKWIC generates software documentation that combines the instant connectivity of hypertext with the analytical strengths of KeyWord In Context. It produces HTML documents that provide a fully interactive alternative to traditional documentation.
You can interact with sample HyperKWIC reports for large Fortran and C programs by clicking here and here.
HyperKWIC is available free of charge for not-for-profit, non-government use – and for evaluation by commercial users. A commercial licence is required to modify the licence information displayed at the foot of each report page. HyperKWIC is also included in the plusFORT toolkit.
Download HyperKWIC for Windows, Linux or Mac by clicking here.
- Meet requirements for accurate and complete software documentation with the aid of HyperKWIC reports which are generated automatically and quickly.
- Update as often as required, and publish to your team and to other stakeholders. HyperKWIC reports may be stored locally or published on an internal or external website.
- Impact Analysis: Even small changes to an established code base can have consequences that propagate through the entire program. With HyperKWIC you can quickly assess possible changes and produce a plan to minimize coding effort.
- Keep HyperKWIC software documentation open in your web browser for an instant answer to those constant questions:-
- where is that defined?
- which routine set that value?
- what else uses that?
- is that redundant?
- HyperKWIC is aware of programming language syntax, including comments and reserved words. Syntax rules for several common languages are defined in an external file, which may be customized as required.
- Right-click to open a separate tab for reports you will need again later.